Heading: Centre Manager, Rock Up
Expires: 1st November 2020
Job type: Full-time, Permanent, Contract
Number of hours: 40
Location: Intu Watford, 201 The Harlequin, WD17 2UB
Number of vacancies: 1
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK's hottest growing new leisure brands. Rock Up has seven very successful sites in Birmingham, Hull, Meadowhall, Rushden Lakes, Whiteley, Watford and Lakeside with exhilarating continued growth plans thereafter. Rock Up operates an exciting, new indoor climbing concept, combined with soft play and a high-quality cafe. The concept is best described as ’fun climbing at its best’ and has proved hugely popular with guests and families, as well as with landlords looking for further leisure facilities to complement their retail offerings. Rock Up has established itself as the operator of choice for retail and leisure park landlords and has many potential sites across the UK for the coming years.
We are looking for an outstanding manager who will be given the opportunity to take their strong experience to new heights. You will come from a background in retail, operations, hospitality, educational activity, health club, leisure or overseas seasonal management.
This role is to lead and manage our centre at the Intu Centre in Watford. You will need to be a natural leader with a self-starter attitude, excellent people management and customer service skills and passion. You will have a driven personality and fully demonstrate the importance of leading the team to be the best.
You’ll be responsible for the operational and financial performance of the centre, for training and mentoring your team, for driving sales, for customer service, and for maintaining standards, and to ensure everyone that leaves each day has had a truly excellent and fun time.
As a dynamic, high energy company, we are looking for a commercial operator who has the potential to play a significant role in the development of the centre by building community and corporate links.
Key responsibilities include:
· Overall responsibility for a team of circa 30 people, comprising both permanent and casual workers;
· Designing, promoting and instigating activities to maximise revenue;
· Marketing and promoting the centre to increase footfall and spend;
· The maintenance of outstanding levels of customer service and care;
· Overall responsibility for the recruitment, training and rota system for staff;
· Overall responsibility for security / health and safety and maintenance onsite;
· Full P&L responsibility for the site;
· Daily, weekly, monthly Reporting to the Company as required;
· Attendance at Management/-Finance/Marketing/HR meetings when required.
Skills and Experience
· At least three years’ experience gained as a Manager with the ability to lead manage and supervise a team
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· A working understanding of centre management, equipment management and staff management including rota management and staff utilisation
· Exceptional customer service and engagement skills
· The ability to maximise sales and manage the financial performance of the centre
· Financial acumen - controlling the P & L, costs, budgets, GPs', labour, and margins
· Proficient IT skills
· Responsible for all centre H&S
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced leisure setting
· An outgoing and enthusiastic personality and a positive attitude
Competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), recognised training, team environment, discounted climbing, career development, cafe discount
Full training, fantastic team and a great working environment
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work.
About Rock Up (www.rock-up.co.uk). Rock Up is an exciting new concept in indoor leisure located in retail and other high footfall environments. Rock Up combines a fun and challenging climbing experience with soft play and a high-quality café serving home cooked food. Rock Up is a destination for the whole family. It has secured funding from investors and has a pipeline of a further fifteen sites in high footfall locations, such as shopping centres, retail and leisure parks.
How to apply
Performance Clause: Applications will be required to include a one to three-page CV with a write up demonstrating how their skills and experience corresponds to our requirements. Please include your current salary and salary expectations. Please send through to firstname.lastname@example.org.