This is a 24 hours per week temporary position
As one of the UK’s home shopping pioneers Lakeland has always been home to the extraordinary.
It’s not just our innovative products that set us apart. At Lakeland our people are just as important, and our passion to achieve complete customer satisfaction means that our fantastic products must always be combined with outstanding service.
Our culture and values shape the way we treat our customers and our colleagues, making Lakeland an extraordinary place to work and shop. It’s our exemplary team of inspirational individuals that set Lakeland apart.
Lakeland started over 50 years ago as a small family business, run from a garage in Windermere. Thanks to the loyalty and commitment of our colleagues and customers, and our original and innovative products, we are now an international multi-channel retailer with 69 UK stores, extensive websites and several growing businesses overseas.
To come and work for our fabulous company you will need to:
• Be able to deliver an extraordinary customer service experience
• Have a genuine interest in food, cooking and the kitchen together with the enthusiasm to learn quickly
• Demonstrate a passion to succeed in selling our products through developing great product knowledge
• Have the ability to communicate with customers and the confidence and enthusiasm to explain and demonstrate our product range
• Be able to work within a team and also on your own initiative
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills• Have retail environment experience
• Be numerate and literate.If you enjoy meeting people come and join us.
You will be an Ambassador for Lakeland in every step of the customer journey and with an expert working knowledge of our products, you will ensure our standards and quality expectations are consistently met as you provide an extraordinary customer experience with every customer contact you have.
How this role supports our purpose
You will surprise and delight our customers with extraordinary and proactive service. You will ensure that excellent operational standards are achieved and in so doing will help to make the store as profitable and successful as possible.
What the role entails
• Engaging with our customers by being proactive, listening and promoting relevant offers to meet their individual needs.
• Resolving any customer enquiries, issues or concerns personally, within an acceptable timeframe.
• Having a good working knowledge of products in store, proactively keeping up to date with any new product lines.
• Providing great product demonstrations by having an expert product knowledge and confidently communicating with our customers.
• Processing deliveries and replenishing stock on the shop floor.
• Operating the EPOS tills (and other technology including tablets) accurately and efficiently, handling cash transactions whilst also ensuring a positive customer experience.
• Being passionate about the Lakeland brand, consistently delivering positive and friendly service throughout the whole customer journey.
• Upholding and demonstrating the Lakeland values and behaviours at all times.
The values that shape our behaviours and actions
• Guaranteed trust
We build great relationships, with our customers and each other, earning trust through everything we say and do.
• Constant innovation
We love opportunities to delight our customers and inspire each other with new and exciting ideas.
• Extraordinary service
Our service to customers and each other makes us different from everyone else. Extraordinary experiences are remembered and shared.
• Amazing quality
Our passion for quality ensures our products, services and ways of working are always outstanding.
• Embracing change
We don’t stand still, we always look forward. Embracing change keeps us ahead.
The behaviours needed to be successful in this role
• You need to be COMMERCIAL by selling the right products in the right way to our customers whilst making the most profit you can.
• You need to be an EXPERT when it comes to knowing our products and should always be looking out for better ways of doing things.
• You need to be COMMITTED to being the best you can be and happy to go the extra mile.
Naturally our stores are busy, so you’re likely to be on the go all day delivering the best possible experience for our customers and supporting all aspects of running a store from deliveries, merchandising and restocking to till and PC procedures. All our vacancies involve early and late shifts and weekend working. Your working pattern is on a flexible rota basis which you will be provided with a month in advance.
Our success is due to hard work and a belief that it’s our honesty and core values that make Lakeland an extraordinary place to work and shop. We’d love you to join Lakeland, so, if you want to be part of this motivated, exciting team, apply
To apply please click below and then search keyword Watford