Role: Assistant Manger
Reporting to: Store Manager (Chris Strachan)
Working Hours: 40 Hours a week based on 5 days over a 7 day trading period
Summary of the role:
Goldsmiths are the UK’s largest luxury jewellery retailer with over 200 years expertise in delivering a World Class Customer Experience. We have over 120 showrooms across the UK and although we boast the widest collection of prestige and designer watches, fine jewellery and branded gifts, our employees are the valued cores of our business.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, people focused and target driven Assistant Manager to join our showroom in Uxbridge. As an Assistant Manager within our Goldsmiths showrooms you will be an inspirational consultative sales person and be able to help motivate and inspire your team without compromising our exceptional Customer Experience standards. You will be responsible for fully supporting the Branch Manager in ensuring exceptional store standards are consistently achieved and maintained. You will be a strong team player, always acting with honesty, integrity and enthusiasm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Branch Manager in ensuring that all showroom KPI’s are consistently achieved and budgets are maintained
- Supporting the development of store colleagues through 1:1 training, feedback and performance management
- Organising daily and weekly routine tasks in line with policies and procedures through active delegation and participation
- Ensuring showroom colleagues maintain the professional standards of the store with regard to visual merchandising, stock care, dress code and adherence to company policy and procedures
- Being a constant role model for showroom colleagues, consistently delivering personal targets whilst ensuring every client receives a World Class Customer Experience in line with our Company Vision and Values
- Assisting the Branch Manager with administrative tasks such as rota’s, holiday allocation and payroll documentation
- Ensuring the showroom and all colleagues comply with Company policy and procedure with particular regard for audit and security procedures.
- Assessing competitor activity and taking steps to actively maximise the showroom’s competitive advantage in the market place
- Managing the showroom in the absence of the Branch Manager
Assisting the Branch manager in all colleague related areas including recruitment, performance management and training.
Qualifications, Experience and Expectations of employer:
The successful candidate will have the following key skills and experience:
- Previous retail management experience.
- Proven track record of delivering sales against key targets and contributing towards business development
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to develop high performing teams
- Highly IT literate
- Highly numerate with ability to understand and analyse sales performance data
- Ability to develop and implement business strategies and work to budgets
- Ability to manage and deliver operating costs, identifying suitable efficiency improvements
- Jewellery/watch retail experience
- External Jewellery or Retail qualifications
- Jewellery and watch product knowledge
- Advanced selling skills and negotiation skills
- Visual merchandising skills
- Previous performance management experience
- Previous recruitment experience
- Additional language skills are extremely desirable, due to the diverse nature of our client base
Previous experience of Jewellery and Watches is an advantage but not essential as full product training will be given.
To live by our values of:
- We Care
- We are Ethical
- We are Dedicated
- We are Enthusiastic
- We strive for Excellence
- We are a Team
To apply bring CV into store.