Intu are currently seeking a highly experienced, articulate and motivated Business Support Manager to lead our Business Support Team providing consistent World Class administration and reception services to intu Uxbridge.
At intu we recognise that the growth and success of our company is dependent on the people we employ and the way that they are developed and grow within our organisation. You will head a team of Centre based Business Support Assistant, be a results driven, people manager with considerable understanding of all areas within the business support function. Driving excellence within Finance, Payroll and HR / QSHE and Procurement.
You will drive operational improvement to ensure first class relationships and the delivery of exceptional business support to all internal departments and external customers. You will be an excellent communicator, a clear decision maker and adept in the development of ideas and opportunities and the continuation of long term relationships. The role will involve developing and delivering business support in line with our strategic organisational objectives.
This role will include a variety of tasks including:
· Lead the drive for continuous improvement and best practice within the Business Support team
· Management of key centre objectives in line with the overall business objectives, plans and projects
· Development of innovation and best practice standards across all business support delivery.
· General administrative tasks and duties relating to the operational requirements including drafting, production and checking documents, ordering stationery, booking couriers, etc
· Live the Intu brand. Focus on the personal contribution you can make to the success of Intu in delivering “Joy” to our customers.
· Develop close working relationships with internal customers and service providers to fully understand the business as well as establish an effective network of contacts
· Work closely with the finance support team HR administration team to ensure a smooth and seamless service
· Live our values – be Creative, Bold and Genuine.
· Day to day management of a team of Business Support Coordinators across multiple centres, encouraging and inspiring them to attain a high level of customer service, achievement, performance and skill
· Ensure all out puts of the Business Support team are accurate, presented to a high standard and are timely
· Ensure adequate resourcing within the centre’s Business Support Teams
· Lead and attend meetings as required as part of the centre communications plan
· Work in partnership with the Regional HRBP on all aspects of our HR processes including recruitment, new starters, training & development and recruitment support including sifting applications, scheduling assessments/interviews and issuing offers of employment
· Work with the Regional QSHE advisor to create, maintain and implement the required systems, reports and assessments for the centre
· Ensure departmental compliance with all aspects of Health & Safety / Quality Assurance / CAFM / environmental/risk and audit requirements across customer facing operations within the Centre
· Support and champion intu corporate responsibility initiatives and community projects
· Have an understanding of intu business risk and drivers to assist with aligning a tailored and flexible service solution
· Form part of the Centre’s Duty Manager Rota
· Preparing budgets, monitoring expenditure & income, forecasts and reconciliation of the centre NPI budget and service charge
· Ensure that all aspects of the centre’s financial processes from purchasing to invoicing (P2P) are completed in line with company policy, authority limits, controls
· Provide reports, data and analysis to support the Operations Manager in strategic and operational decisions
· Lead the Centres payroll processes in line with authority limits and company policy
· Any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
Results driven, people manager with considerable working knowledge of managing Business Support/Administration department within the commercial / property /hospitality/ retail sectors, demonstrating the ability to develop operational improvement to ensure first class relationships and the delivery of exceptional service to support all relevant departments.
· Excellent Customer Service skills, with previous experience of dealing with internal and external clients
· Leading a team in a busy office environment with a focus on prioritisation and meeting deadlines
· Part Qualified/Qualified (AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or other similar
· Driving consistent processes and delivering consistent results
· Excellent people management skills, with a record of leading through motivation and recognition
· Evidence of resolving service-associated issues, with the ability to create effective and innovative solutions
· Experience of identifying and understanding business risk and measures to remove or mitigate
· Polite, professional, articulate, outgoing and a confident communicator (both written and verbal)
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications in particular excel & working knowledge of Agresso Accounts package or similar
· Demonstrates sound commercial knowledge that provides value added service to the centre
· Adaptable and flexible whilst working in a busy multi skilled office environment
· Excellent attention to detail and presentation
· Diploma in H/E Business Management/Administration or equivalent
· Deadline driven accounts environment experience and/or previous experience of working as an HR administrator
· Maintaining a high level of personal integrity and full appreciation of legal requirements regarding data protection and computer misuse
· Sound understanding of how HR information systems work and their application in order to drive consistency and efficiencies
· Knowledge and working application of UK and EU employment legislation, in particular statutory obligations surrounding leave, pay and contract law
Send your CV and cover letter to information.Uxbridge@intu.co.uk to apply