Bear Builder associates are fun, genuine, and team oriented individuals who contribute to store sales and Guest satisfaction goals by providing Experience First® service to individual and groups of Guests. Providing Experience First® service includes, but is not limited to, assisting with choosing, stuffing, dressing, naming, and purchasing their new furry friends, while maintaining store visual and housekeeping standards.
The Bear Builder is expected to role model BABW Core values and Experience First behaviors® in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive guest and associate experience
- Using the Make Behaviours and Experience First® station standards to provide a personalised, enjoyable and memorable experience for Guests of all ages.
- Invite potential Guests to come in and learn about our store.
- Promptly welcome and greet all Guests with a smile.
- Engage Guests in conversation through open-ended questions and assess reason for visit. Utilises this information to help
- Guests find the perfect product and convert those “just looking” into a sale.
- Inform Guests of all current promotions and point out our newest product.
- Explain the Build-A-Bear Workshop process and assist Guests in choosing, stuffing, dressing, naming, and taking home (purchasing) a new furry friend.
- Contribute to total store results by recommending items to maximise sales and enhance the Guest’s experience.
- Insure Guests are aware that we offer parties for all ages and all occasions.
- Support our company party commitments by delivering a great party experience.
- Knowledge of workshop sales goals, Guest satisfaction expectations, and promotional objectives.
- Maintain visual and housekeeping standards to create the brand experience unique to Build-A-Bear Workshop.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including Cash Management, Attendance, and Store Security.
- All other tasks as may be assigned by store management
- Is out-going, confident, ambitious and success oriented.
- Exceptional communication and selling skills.
- Models personal and professional integrity.
- Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
- Enjoys a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.
- Represents a neat and clean appearance.
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all inclusive of responsibilities within a position, and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position.