Thanks for visiting intu's Wi-Fi Policy. This explains the terms and conditions that you will have agreed to in order to sign up for our free Wi-Fi service at one of our intu shopping centres. Your information is important, and reading our policy will help you understand how we collect information, what we do with it, how we protect it and what choices you have with regards the information we hold.
The paragraphs below set out the terms and conditions for intu Properties plc wireless internet access services (the "Service") supplied by intu Properties plc, or our group companies, (“we”/”us”) to you ("you"). intu Properties plc is a UK company based at 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BT, England. Details of our group companies are available at www.intugroup.co.uk.
You may register for and access the Service which is present throughout the public areas of our shopping centres (note that the Wi-Fi coverage does not include retail units). The Service is intended to be used for e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the internet and the use of applications. By using the Service you agree to accept these terms, conduct your business within the terms stated, and be bound by Your Rights and Obligations as set out below.
These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time and are governed by the laws of England and Wales. The last time we updated these terms was on 19th December 2017.
a) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the registration information and all activities that occur under your registration for the Service.
b) You confirm that the registration information which you have provided is complete and accurate.
c) You are responsible for all charges incurred when accessing any subscription based websites or other chargeable services when using the Service and for all activities that occur on the Service using your registration information.
d) You acknowledge that you are responsible for the security of your connection to the internet, your device that is used for connecting and for any sites you visit, emails you send or receive or information transmitted or received in any format when you use the Service.
e) You acknowledge that you are responsible for all use of the Service through your account and for any breach of this Policy whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission. You agree that we are not responsible for any of your activities in using the network. It is your responsibility to determine whether any of the content accessed via the Service and your account (or your device) is appropriate for children or anyone else to view or use.
f) The content of landing pages and any applications is protected by intellectual property laws such as copyright and trademark. The re-distribution, re-publication, or otherwise making available of such material to third parties is prohibited. Unauthorised use of the landing page or applications may give rise to a claim against you for damages and may be a criminal offence.
g) You agree that you will not use the Service for:
(1) Unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities
(2) Sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading, recording, reviewing, streaming or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person
(3) Knowingly or negligently transmitting or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by us or any other Internet user or person.
(4) Activities that are in breach of any other third party's rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material.
(5) Anything that may disrupt or interfere with our network or services or cause the network to crash.
(6) Launching "denial of service" attacks; "mailbombing" attacks; or "flooding" attacks against a host or network. Scanning of networks or hosts for open ports or other vulnerabilities.
(7) Making excessive use of, or placing unusual burdens on, the network, for example by sending or receiving large volumes of email or excessively large files or extended high volume data transfer of any kind. Should we deem your use of the Service excessive, we reserve the right to reduce your connection speed, or terminate your service. In such a situation you will not be eligible to access the Service.
(8) Circumventing the user authentication or security process of a host or network.
(9) Creating, transmitting, storing or publishing any virus, Trojan, corrupting program or corrupted data.
(10) Collecting, streaming, distributing or accessing any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.
(11) Using the Service for any commercial or business purpose. You do not have the right to resell or enable access to the Service to any third party.
h) You have the right to ask us to request a copy, amend if appropriate or delete personal information held at any time by emailing email@example.com or by writing to the Data Protection Officer, intu Properties plc, 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BT.
a) We collect information about you when using the Service. This information includes the information provided by you on registration and information about your usage of the Service, including web pages and domains visited and your location within the shopping centre. We also collect information about how you use the Service to help us understand our customers' behaviour and preferences whilst in our shopping centres, so we can better tailor the customer experience online and offline. We capture details of your location in order to help you navigate your way around the shopping centre if you are using the intu App but we also use it to offer location & event based information and to analyse user's behaviour.
b) We will not disclose personal information collected in conjunction with the provision of the Service to a third party without your specific consent (other than is reasonably necessary for the technical implementation and delivery of the Service via our third party service providers). Landing pages and applications may include marketing messages or offers, or may invite you to enter personal information to access certain products, services or features. If you choose to enter personal information on a landing page or application, this will be subject to the privacy policies referenced on that landing page or application. We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information and or information pertaining to the usage of the Service to the relevant authorities in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime (as governed by the laws of England and Wales).
c) We do not guarantee the availability of the Service at any time. We are committed to providing uninterrupted access to the Service and will use our best endeavours to only allow system downtime and maintenance outside of normal centre opening hours. We reserve the right to modify or temporarily suspend the Service or any part of it without notice for emergency technical repair or upgrade for any reason.
d) We do not provide additional security beyond what you already have on your device. We provide management and monitoring services only and do not modify any content. For that reason, we cannot be responsible for the security of any content you transmit or receive on the internet.
e) Our liability shall be limited to the amount you have paid for the Service.
f) Notwithstanding paragraph (d), we shall not be liable to you in any circumstances for any lost profits, business interruption, information or loss of data, security breach, loss of goodwill or other pecuniary loss, including loss or damage suffered as a result of any virus, denial of service, spamming or hacking (in each case whether direct or indirect), or any indirect, special or consequential losses,.
g) Nothing in this agreement serves to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud, or for any other liability which it would be illegal to exclude or limit liability.
h) We reserve the right to block any websites, web pages and content on such services we deem illegal, distasteful or generally unsuitable for the location in which this Service is provided. We do not wish to restrict your use of our Service unreasonably but by using this Service you agree to accept our filtering criteria which may change from time to time. We have no obligation to you to include sites that are blocked from use.
i) If you require any help or further information regarding our free Wi-Fi service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website which will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences, assisting us to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that any adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you.
By using our Wi-Fi Service you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you use the Service in the future.
Should you wish to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent, you can change the settings on your browser. Your browser “Help” section will normally provide details on how to manage your cookie settings. Don't forget however, that if you block or delete all cookies you may not be able to make full use the Service.
To understand more about this, please refer to our information page on Cookies.
If you have registered for the use of the Wi-Fi Service, you will receive an SMS message to confirm your registration. If you have opted in to receive communications from us, we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, depending on your opt-in preferences you have agreed to. All our visitors have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any marketing communications from us at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any communications from us. You can also amend what communications you subscribe to by clicking on the ‘Update your details’ link at the bottom of any emails and updating your preferences in our Preference Centre. If you’re unsure about this, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, intu Properties plc, 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BT.