Our new Tap & Go service lets you use your credit or debit card to pay your car park tariff by simply tapping or inserting the card at the entry and exit panels of either our centre car park or multistorey car park.
What to do at the entrance barrier
- Have a contactless credit or debit card? Tap your card against the plate at the barrier until you hear a beep, this beep will confirm that your card is registered and may take a few seconds.
- Have a chip and pin credit or debit card? Stick your card into the machine at the barrier. You won't get charged yet; this is process is only to register your card for your stay with us.
- Do not take a paper ticket at the entrance barrier. If you do take a paper ticket by accident you will need to insert that ticket into the ticket machines that are located in the car park at the end of your stay and pay using that ticket machine. Taking a ticket at the entrance barrier sadly overrides the Tap & Go system and means you will no longer be able to take advantage of this service during this particular visit.
What to do at the exit barrier
- Do you have a contactless credit or debit card? Tap the card against the plate at the barrier until you hear a beep. The beep will confirm that your card is registered and may take a few seconds. Once you’ve registered your card, you'll see your car park fee pop up on the screen. Tap once more to pay, then you're done!
- Do you have a chip and pin credit or debit card? Put your card into the machine at the barrier and follow the instructions on screen. These short instructions will show you your car park fee and ask you to enter your pin to complete the payment.
- Did you pick up a paper ticket? Unfortunately, if you have picked up a paper ticket this will override the Tap & Go system and you will not be able to use this service. Instead, you will need to head to a ticket machine, which you will find in our car parks and use your ticket to pay for your car park there. There is no option to pay for paper tickets at the exit barrier.
- Remember, always use the same card you used on the way into the car park to pay on the way out. This will help to avoid any delays for other vehicles.