Variable Shift Security Officer
Deadline - 4 October 2015
Shifts will be days x (7) 06:00-14:00, noon’s x (6) 14:00-22:00 and nights x (7) 22:00-06:00
Description of job role/involvement.
To ensure maximum security of intu Potteries is maintained and to interact with the public, tenants and suppliers in a professional and efficient manner at all times. To work with fellow security officers to ensure the highest standards/practices operate on site in order that client’s expectations are exceeded.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
• Ensure the on-going security and safekeeping of the complex and carry out duties in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
• Liaise effectively with the emergency services, ensuring that all incidents involving same and/or tenants, the public etc., are reported accurately in the Security Report Book and Personal Pocket Book.
• Provide highest level of customer service when dealing with or assisting visitors and members of the public, tenants and colleagues, and in advising appropriate persons accordingly.
• Deter unauthorised personnel from gaining access to the complex.
• Apply common sense, tact and diplomacy when dealing with incidents/complaints/queries from members of the public, tenants etc.
• Deal with lost and found property in accordance with the Centre’s policy.
• Liaise effectively with the Facilities Manager or his Deputy on a regular basis and with other centre teams as required.
• To be aware of the obligations under the Health and Safety regulations concerning their own safety, that of their colleagues and tenants.
• Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with the Centre’s formal reporting procedures.
• Report any defects to the building, equipment or unsafe practices to Centre management, and record appropriately.
• Monitor radio transmissions effectively, and use radios professionally and in accordance with operating procedures, avoiding any inappropriate language.
• Ensure that all roads and emergency access and exit points are kept free of obstructions, and ensure any unauthorised vehicles or obstructions are moved quickly and efficiently.
• Assist with fire alarm testing as required and maintain full knowledge of fire alarm procedures.
• Ensure only authorised personnel gain access to the service area.
• Assist tenants when requested in matters of security, safety and crime prevention.
• Become proficient in First Aid by acquiring an appropriate First Aid at Work qualification as required and maintain that qualification throughout employment.
• Become proficient in the use a defibrillator and maintain the qualification throughout employment.
• Maintain the appropriate S.I.A license throughout employment
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by Centre Management.
• Demonstrate world class customer services on a daily basis.
• Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a busy, dynamic working environment
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Confident and committed to providing a high quality, professional service
• Focused on the delivery of excellence in customer service
• Ability to prioritise work tasks.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Keen, reliable, flexible and enthusiastic
Click here to apply and upload your CV.