Job Title Security Supervisor
• To provide an efficient and effective security service at intu Potteries and to assist in ensuring the site offers a safe and secure environment to all its visitors.
• To nurture and develop a friendly, proactive team who ensure all visitors, clients, contractors and retailers on site are dealt with in a professional manner at all times.
• To deliver the highest quality of service in all security matters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To liaise closely and foster good working relationships with statutory authorities in dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
2. To assist in supervising the centre on a permanent 24-hour basis, making decisions affecting both life-threatening and business activities.
3. Continuous monitoring of screens and systems/radios and site access.
4. Supervising, driving the diligent maintenance of records and reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the Daily Occurrence Book
5. Ensuring each team member strictly complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and Health and Safety regulations.
6. At the beginning of each shift, ensure each member of the security/cleaning team demonstrates excellent standards in personal grooming, and strictly adheres to uniform requirements which will be key for all members of the public in identifying all intu Potteries team members.
7. Ensuring cleaning staff and Security Officers carry out their duties in accordance with assignment instructions and nurture a culture wherein opportunities for improvement are continuously explored.
8. Ensuring entries in the security pocket and log books are accurate legible and that the pocket and log books are kept up-to-date.
9. Organise and publish work rotas in advance and ensure that the hours worked by team members are closely monitored and recorded, ensuring a healthy life, work balance is maintained at all times.
10. To be responsible and accountable for the basic training, motivation, discipline, safety and welfare of team members
11. To liaise with Centre management on a daily basis and nurture sound communication channels within the security team.
12. To be First Aid/Defibrillator trained and to maintain the qualification throughout employment
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Flexible and supportive team player.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• Confident and approachable disposition.
• SIA Licence in SITO 1&2
• SIA /CCTV licence(training given where applicable)
• 5 year checkable work history essential.
• To become proficient in First Aid and Defibrillator and maintain qualification during employment
• Good computer skills, word/excel
Click here to apply.