We asked each of our restaurants for their favourite recipe for customers to take home and try themselves. Here is a tasty recipe for Peking Ribs from Bon Pan Asian.
But if you don't want to cook and would rather taste the real thing then click here for more information and to book a table at Bon Pan Asian.
1lb (around 500g) ribs, cut into sections
4 green onions. Cut 1 into sections and chop the rest
2 slices of ginger
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 pinch of salt
3 tbsp of cooking oil
Sesame seeds for garnish
2 tbsp of tomato sauce
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
½ tbsp of chilli sauce (optional)
1 tbsp of cooking wine
1 tbsp of starch (any type)
2 tbsp of water
1. Wash the ribs and soak in clean water for around 10 minutes.
2. Boil some water in a pot; put the ribs in for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse the boiled ribs under running water and replace the boiled water with fresh and clean water.
3. Add sections of one green onion, one pinch of salt and ginger slices. Bring all the contents to boiling point and then use medium heat to simmer for around 15 minutes or until you can easily insert a chop stick in. Transfer the ribs out and drain.
4. In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients required for the sauce.
5. Heat up around 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok; add garlic slices in to stir fry. Discard the garlic slices because they will be easily burnt in the following process.
6. Add ribs in. Sauté until all sides are slightly brown.
7. Stir the sauce in. Turn up the heat to thicken the sauce.
8. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion before serving.