- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 28 Feb, 2018
Topshop at intu Milton Keynes are looking for a new Visual Merchandiser!
This job will be for 20 hours a week.
DEFINITION OF ROLE:
A Visual Merchandiser loves Topshop and Topman and is confident working within a team to deliver a ‘World Class’ visual proposition. As a fashion role model you will represent the brand and inspire our customers about the latest trends. You will support the communication of key Brand information throughout the Store Sales Team. The key to the role is connecting with our customers, through inspirational outfit builds and an ‘easy to shop’ environment.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
You “know your stuff” about Topshop/Topman and use your skills and knowledge to inspire our customers about the latest trends and ‘must have’ outfits. Delivering a visually exciting environment and ' fashion with authority’ is what you are all about. You may work as part of a visual team or independently but you help create a fun and dynamic culture, making Topshop/Topman the best place to work on the high street. *In Core stores the Visual Merchandiser role will have combined visual and creative responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMERCIAL FLAIR
- You understand your local competitors and can tailor outfit builds to suit your customer profile.
- You show commitment to driving sales and managing markdown by challenging product placement taking into consideration best/slow sellers.
- You see the availability of stock as important and support the team in ensuring all sizes are out for our customers and stock is easy to find.
- You identify opportunities and give feedback to your Manager on any visual/ creative solutions that could put money in the till.
- You keep updated on Brand and departmental performance and action creative solutions accordingly.
- You ensure all current promotions are launched to the highest standards and to guidelines, highlighting any concerns or opportunities to the management team.
- You manage your time effectively, and prioritise workload, putting the needs of the customer first, to ensure VM/Creative tasks do not impact on service levels.
- You work alongside the management team/ visual team to review store performance and plan any changes necessary to Layout or Merchandising.
- You react positively to visit feedback from your Area Manager, Field Visual Merchandiser (FVM) and Field Creative to evolve the Store in line with the latest Visual Merchandising Update and Store performance.
- You play a part in the successful delivery of Model Store, taking ownership for a trend or department and supporting roll out to the Store Team.
- You build strong relationships within the wider Store team, and role model Brand Visual Standards.
DEVELOPING THE BEST
- You work as a team player and identify when somebody in the team needs support, showing a ‘happy to help attitude’.
- You are seen as a Brand and Visual expert in store and share your knowledge and experience with the Store team, for example through team briefs.
- You help to create a fun and dynamic culture, and make sure that working for Topshop/Topman is the best place to work on the high street.
- You can implement Visual Merchandising/Creative guidelines, adjusting direction to suit store stock package and customer e.g. colour stories, outfits and arm configurations.
- You show an understanding of key layout and fixture placement principles e.g. zoning, adjacencies and balance of height.
- You support the wider Area with local activity, offering your support to Mods, New Store Openings and any Field Visual Merchandising initiatives.
- You conduct competitive shops and suggest new ways to evolve the proposition that are Brand appropriate, in line with the Visual Strategy for the season to stay ahead of the competition.
- You demonstrate a passion for the Brand and product, understanding the key values that set us apart from our competitors.
If you think you have what it takes for this role, please send you CV and a cover letter stating the hours you can work and the role you are applying for to email@example.com.