- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 31 Jul, 2016
T.M.Lewin at intu Milton Keynes need a new Supervisor!
- Through effective support and management of the store team ensure that every customer experiences exceptional personal service and that T.M.Lewin becomes famous for service and quality, whilst achieving sales and profit targets and keeping costs to a minimum. To deputise for the store manager in their absence.
- To support the store manager/assistant store manager by personally providing and ensuring the team deliver a consistent and exceptional standard of customer service in the store and deputising effectively in his/her absence in all areas of the role.
- To greet/acknowledge a customer immediately on entry to the store, in a polite and courteous manner and to maintain contact in a subtle and polite manner.
- To engage with the customer in order to fully understand their needs and then provide the appropriate help and support to ensure a pleasurable customer experience.
- To develop excellent knowledge of the full range of products and unique selling points in order to promote product benefits to customers.
- To provide advice and guidance to customers on clothing and accessory range, best fit and measuring services (our service totem) ensuring that the customer experience is pleasurable and their needs are fully met.
- To always check to see if there is anything else the customer may need, making suggestions for complimentary purchases e.g. buying a suitable tie with a shirt, or cufflinks as appropriate.
- To carry out all sales transactions correctly and efficiently, neatly folding and carefully packing customer purchases. To be professional and polite to customers and always thank them for their custom.
- Efficiently and politely manage after sales service via telephone and letter, ensuring that the customer’s request or problems are resolved in line with company policy.
- To be aware of, build and develop networks and relationships with local corporate customers.
- To maintain high standards of personal dress and appearance, presenting a professional, smart and tidy appearance, reflecting the TML brand of style and dressed according to T.M.Lewin guidelines.
- To understand and then communicate effectively to the team daily, weekly and monthly store targets, clearly identifying what this means in terms of sales, profitability, costs, staffing levels etc.
- To maintain high merchandising standards; constantly checking for empty shelf spaces that needs to be filled or over faced with a compatible product ensuring that spaces are filled with the correct products, following any agreed layout guidelines.
- Ensuring that all point of sale merchandising materials and any other visual display items are appropriately placed in store and that customer/sales information is correctly displayed, up to date and relevant.
- To receive deliveries and organise stock onto the shop floor, in line with customer service needs and merchandising standards.
- Ensure that all areas of the store, back offices and toilets are always clean and tidy.
- To reduce stock loss in store by being aware of stock loss and prevention techniques
- To comply with legal obligations and co-operate with the company on all aspects of health and safety and welfare at work.
- To complete any other tasks that may be requested as and when required, depending on the changing needs of the business.
- Responsible for supporting recruitment and selection activity ensuring that company policy is followed and that sound and fair recruitment decisions are made.
- Responsible for supporting the induction and development of the team through providing on the job training and skills transfer and constantly updating and assessing customer service techniques ensuring a well trained and highly motivated team.
- Reviewing team performance and providing immediate feedback (both positive and developmental) in order to recognise and praise excellent performance and to develop areas of need.
- To support team meetings and the store communications processes, ensuring that the team are kept up to date on a variety of customer, store, product and company issues.
- To proactively manage own development and training ensuring that product knowledge is always kept up to date and that customer service skills are in line with TML service aims.
- To understand and communicate effectively T.M.Lewin company goals and store priorities.
- Looking at ways of developing opportunities to increase sales, harnessing ideas from the team and being aware of the local competition.
Skills and experience
- Ability to converse and communicate with customers, store colleagues and head office teams
- Retail or service industry experience
- Good standard of numeracy
- To be able to motivate, manage and lead your team
- Hard working
- Flexibility – travel, store location, hours
- Likes to be around people and has an empathy with people
- Has drive to achieve
- Calm demeanour and mature outlook
- The ability to manage and motivate others
- Planning and organisation
- Passionate about quality products
- Likes to be part of a team
- Sales/target driven, wants to achieve success