- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 25 Apr, 2018
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
To coordinate and develop the community table tennis project ‘Ping! Milton Keynes', for the Leisure and Community Facilities and Sports Development Team, to support the people of MK to engage with the project and be 'more active more often'.
With this project in its fourth year of being hosted in MK, we have 20 tables located across the city which are managed by various local partners. The role will require you to: act as the first point of contact for the Ping project; have regular liaison with these partners and the funding organisation Table Tennis England; and specifically engage with the local communities at 7 of the table locations, to encourage regular use of the tables and enhance awareness of the project. You will also be responsible for the administration and promotion of the project locally.
The role will report to the Sports Development Manager and be based at Civic Office in the Community Facilities and Sports Development Team, within the Place Directorate.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract to cover the length of the project (May – October 2018) and is for 20 hours per week.Key Duties
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Time will be focussed on gaining volunteers to support the table use in specifically 7 locations across the city (i.e liaising with local schools and community groups) and enabling activation on the tables through events and activities.
- Liaison with Table Tennis England and appropriate suppliers with regards to coordinating the resources for the project.
- Drive the promotion of the Ping! programme across Milton Keynes, utilising various social media platforms and local press.
- Coordinate the collation of monitoring data related to the Ping! programme.
- Attend meetings with Ping table hosts, project and community partners.
- Support with the end of project evaluation.
- Support other day to day tasks within the Leisure and Community Facilities and Sports Development Team where required.
- Mandatory Requirements – have the ability to use MS Office packages e.g. Excel, Word and other IT systems
- Qualifications – GCSE Maths and English Level C and above (or equivalent)
- Experience - working within the community and acting on own initiative, coordinating social media
- Knowledge of Ping project and other projects relating to sport and physical activity
- Have the ability to travel around the city to the table locations
Departmental Benefits of this role • Learning about the breadth of support provided to the community through leisure community facilities and sports development programmes.
- Ability to promote activities / projects through social media and local press (utilising Ping press materials)
- Communication Skills via a variety of methods - to empower the community and engage volunteers
- Skills in collating, inputting, analysing and reporting on data
- Time management
- Report writing skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety processes in relation to sporting activities.
- Coordination of administrative tasks.
• Gain skills in project coordination
• Additional skills can be developed through in house training courses where required.
• Management support provided
• Agile working (in agreement with manager)
• DBS check available
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.