- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 30 Nov, 2018
intu Milton Keynes is looking for a Security Officer.
This role is an average of 40 hours a week, working 8 hour day/night shifts as part of a rota which will include weekends and offering an annual salary of £20,439.
The Security Officer is accountable to the Duty Manager for the support and delivery of security within the site. The Security Officer will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and visitors to the site at all times. The Security Officer is the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism at all times, a can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be part of a team in a rosta pattern.
- To readily interact with all visitors / tenants within the buildings, delivering a first class customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the various buildings detailed in the site Assignment Instructions being proactive at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures, site processes and external bodies including enforcement agencies and auditory bodies
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the buildings proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors / tenants.
- Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the Duty Manager proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported at all times.
- To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the onsite team and client are kept fully informed at all times.
- Intelligent understanding of human behavior, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery,implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfilment of the provision of security on site to the Security Operations Coordinator/Duty Manager.
- Support the Duty Manager with any internal / external audits in line with company polices and procedures.
- Make certain that the Continuous Improvement Process is an integral part of service delivery increasingly adding value to both the business and our client.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Own transport /use of public transport
- Successful track record of delivering security solutions to internal client base
- SIA Door Supervision licence
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- First aid qualified or willing to work towards qualification
- CCTV SIA Licence
- Professional or further qualification in Security
Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the client, senior
managers and all staff
- Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Aptitude to remain calm under pressure
- Smart appearance
- Flexible/Can Do
- AttitudeSmart appearance
Click here to apply.