Intu Milton Keynes is looking for a new Security Officer. This role is an average of 56 hours a week, working 12-hour day/night shifts as part of a rota which will include weekends and offering an annual salary of GBP 29,198
What do we want to do?
At intu we aim to create a compelling, joyful experience for our customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more often to our centres. This helps our retailers flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
The security officer is accountable to the security manager for the support and delivery of security within the site.
You will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and visitors to the site always. You are the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism always, a can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
What could a typical day include?
Behaviour and culture:
- Live the intu brand. Focus on the personal contribution you can make to the success of intu in delivering “Joy” to our customers. Live our values – be Creative, Bold and Genuine.
- You have a clear vision for the application of World Class Service in all endeavours. You lead by example, uplifting the team, and instil a passion for excellence in delivering customer service. World Class Service not only relates to our customers, but to all stakeholders, including contractors, retailers and colleagues.
- You support intu corporate responsibility objectives including personal support to community projects and activities.
- You are an ambassador for the centre and for security, and as such you will actively promote recognition for the team, the centre, and the wider business through your exemplary behaviour.
Day to day:
· To be part of a team in a roster pattern.
· To readily interact with all visitors / tenants within the buildings, delivering a world class customer focused service.
· Carry out regular patrols of the centre as detailed in the security assignment instructions being
· proactive and always following the company security strategy.
· Ensure compliance with all company procedures, centre processes and external bodies including enforcement agencies and auditory bodies.
· Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
· Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful always whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
· To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
· Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the centre proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
· To ensure that the centre is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors / tenants.
· Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with company and centre policies and procedures.
· Liaising with the security manager, proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported.
· To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the onsite team and client are always kept fully informed.
· Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals logging and reporting incidents in line with company and centre polices.
· Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
· Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all company and centre procedures / policies are adhered too.
· Maintain continuous monitoring of centre radio systems adhering to correct radio procedures at all times.
· Diligent management and maintenance of centre records / reference materials including health and safety records, incident forms and the daily occurrence book.
· To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
· Report any event that may be detrimental to the fulfilment of the provision of security to the security team leader/security manager.
· Support the security manager with any internal / external audits in line with company policies and procedures.
· Make certain that the continuous improvement process is an integral part of service delivery increasingly adding value to both the company and the centre.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events
What skills and experience do we need you to have
· Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate clearly and credibly with the centre management, senior managers and all staff.
· Must have a good personality and ability to communicate with the public in what is a customer focused and engaging role.
· Capability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
· Aptitude to remain calm under pressure.
· Smart appearance.
· Flexible/Can do attitude.
· Smart appearance.
· Must be able to attend work in line with shift pattern through own transport or public transport and have ability to be flexible with shift start and finish times.
Qualifications and experience:
· Front Line SIA licence.
· Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
· First aid qualified or willing to work towards qualification.
· CCTV SIA licence.
Professional or further qualification in security.