- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 17 Sep, 2018
intu Milton Keynes are looking for a new marketing coordinator!
If you’re looking to progress a career in the fast-paced exciting world of marketing, here’s your chance to join the team at the region’s premier shopping centre.
Each day offers something new, from helping to put on and promote events in the centre to working with our retailers, such as Debenhams, Victoria’s Secret, LEGO, Hugo Boss and Superdry.
Strengthen your understanding of the importance of marketing, advertising and social media within the retail industry, whilst working with our external agencies to drive and deliver campaigns that put us at the forefront of our shoppers’ minds. Digital is a vital aspect of our campaigns, therefore a comprehensive understanding and competency with social media applications and an interest in learning and working across a variety of digital platforms, will set you out from the rest.
You’ll be trained to a high level of marketing by industry experts and, in return, we want to see energy, enthusiasm and a strong willing to learn and support us.
What will you be doing?
Helping the Marketing Team to deliver compelling marketing campaigns that drive footfall, as well as retailer sales and market share for the shopping centre, whilst consistently working for the benefit of intu.
- Support the Marketing Team by helping to deliver the annual business plan and marketing plan in line with the overall strategy for the centre and intu.
- Help develop event strategies and implement event activity in line with campaign objectives and those of the wider intu group.
- Ensure effective event management in line with Health & Safety guidelines, manage agency relationships and deliver clear communication to all teams.
- Review event activity, providing clear highlights and learning for onward communication to key stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with retailers to drive content for marketing activity and events, provide retailer support for general marketing enquiries.
- Coordinate regular retailer meetings and manage retailer communications
- Deliver the centre's digital marketing strategy to engage and drive shopper visits to the centre using the website, e-shots, SMS and social media by developing original and engaging content across all digital platforms.
- Day to day management of the centre's website using the content management system ensuring accurate and relevant information is displayed at all times.
- Deliver centre email campaigns alongside intu Digital, utilising the CRM database to deliver targeted and impactful comms that deliver tangible engagement and footfall.
- Manage, develop and grow the centre's database, using it as a tool for segmentation and communication whilst also driving sign-ups and engagement levels.
- Continually evaluate all digital marketing campaigns and activities to ensure they remain within budget and can demonstrate a return on investment.
- Work with the intu Digital team at head office to ensure effective cross-promotion of business initiatives.
- Assist with the organisation and the management of internal events and promotions through liaison with external organisations and other departments.
- Where appropriate, use creative writing skills to produce in house press releases, centre literature, centre magazines and blogging opportunities.
- Work with marketing colleagues on delivery of direct marketing campaigns, including e-shots, providing administrative support where required.
- Help the Marketing Manager to ensure that all marketing communications, including collateral produced to for retailers, consumers, local community stakeholders, CR partners or commercial partners is in line with intu's brand guidelines and policies.
- To assist with the successful delivery of the PR programme.
- Help to drive and improve communications between retailers and centre management by providing effective support for in-centre retailer activity.
- Where appropriate, to plan and implement a strategy, in line with the business and marketing objectives, for the centre's kid's club.
- Assist with the evaluation of all marketing activities and reporting of results for each event.
- Ensure that regular centre and intu reporting timescales are met, including monthly reporting and KPI monitoring
- To deal with student enquiries and requests for information from the local community.
- Where appropriate, to plan and implement a marketing strategy, in line with the business and marketing objectives, to attract tourists to the Centre and encourage repeat visits.
- To assist the Marketing Manager with the implementation of a CR plan that addresses the needs of the community in line with the corporate objectives.
- Manage all aspects of charitable collections, recruitment drives etc, within the Centre, including maintaining a diary of events and collating collection results for reporting purposes.
- Provide support to marketing team in monitoring competitor activity
- Any other duties as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with Company's Health & Safety Policy.
- To work collectively with other intu centres to identify examples of best practices across the intu group and then work together to roll-out these concepts within other centres.
- To comply with corporate policies and procedures.
If you feel you are right for the role, please apply here.