Intu Milton Keynes is looking for a new CCTV control room officer. This role is an average of 56 hours a week, working 12-hour day/night shifts as part of a rota which will include weekends and offering an annual salary of GBP 29,519
What do we want to do?
At intu we aim to create a compelling, joyful experience for our customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more often to our centre. This helps our retailers flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
The purpose of the CCTV control room officer role is to take responsibility for the day to day running of the control room CCTV system. You are responsible for operating the CCTV system in compliance of the Data Protection Act and our company policies and procedures.
You will be expected to deliver the proactive monitoring of the centre CCTV system to ensure security of the centre in line with our security strategy. You will be required to support the mall security operation through effective monitoring of the CCTV system when incidents occur and be prepared to gather evidence, via the technology, for ongoing reporting to the Police and other statutory bodies as required.
You will need to have excellent observation skills with a good eye for detail with an ability to analyse data and be confident in making decisions and giving direction to affect a satisfactory resolution to incidents.
What could a typical day include?
Behaviour and culture:
- Live the intu brand. Focus on the personal contribution you can make to the success of intu in delivering "Joy" to our customers. Live our values - be Creative, Bold and Genuine.
- You have a clear vision for the application of World Class Service in all endeavours. You lead by example, uplifting the team, and instil a passion for excellence in delivering customer service. World Class Service not only relates to our customers, but to all stakeholders, including contractors, retailers and colleagues.
- You support intu corporate responsibility objectives including personal support to community projects and activities.
- You are an ambassador for the centre and for security, and as such you will actively promote recognition for the team, the centre, and the wider business through your exemplary behaviour.
Day to day:
- To work as part of the control room team and undertake day to day monitoring and delivery of security services within the control room, supporting the security operation at the centre.
- To understand centre requirements and provide security solutions to meet and exceed needs.
- To ensure excellent relationships with centre management, suppliers, colleagues and customers.
- To ensure all members of the security team fully understand and comply with all the relevant company and centre polices relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including any changes to policies or procedures and can demonstrate appropriate levels of control.
- To ensure that the Info Exchange security incident reporting system and daily log is completed in full.
- To ensure all security issues are reported in line with company and centre procedures.
- To work in a proactive way to anticipate security issues and alert the mall security team in a prompt and professional manner.
- Work closely and support the mall team as required.
- Monitoring and management of appearance, behaviours of all security personnel.
- Assist the security management team in developing and sharing of "best practise" and use of systems and tools to improve service effectiveness.
- Monitor faults with security related equipment, ensuring they are reported correctly.
- Being fully conversant with operational functions including access control, CCTV, detection and alarm systems, ensuring effective monitoring and reporting function is maintained.
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements are followed as per company policies and procedures which will include incident reporting / investigation.
- To be the first point of contact for security function related queries resolving more complex queries utilising experience and knowledge referring any complaints with regards to security practices, to the security management team or centre management.
- Access control of the centre's service yards monitoring all deliveries.
- To be the first response for all centre enquiries and emergencies reporting to the security manager.
- To encourage and participate in a one team approach with the mall security officers in delivering a proactive security service to the centre.
- Assist the security manager and centre management with any reasonable or practical request.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
What skills and experience we need you to have
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Reliable and flexible/supportive team player.
- Good customer interpersonal care skills.
- Confident/friendly disposition.
- Attention to detail/vigilance.
- An understanding of organisational methods and how to make best use of limited time to the greatest effect.
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills able to negotiate and deal with sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- Basic computer skills and an ability to self-teach and learn how to use new software and databases.
- Adaptable and responsive in the face of changes in priorities, plans and schedules.
- Ensuring understanding and demonstrate implementation of the values of integrity, vigilance and helpfulness.
- Active steps to maintain communication, recognise achievement and develop the team community.
Qualifications and experience:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity
- 5-year checkable employment record
- SIA licences - Valid in date Public Space CCTV licence.
- Qualification in First Aid at Work and AED (or willing to work towards).
- Experience in control room CCTV monitoring.
- Qualifications in Security Industry