Willen Hospice officially launch the opening of registration for MK Midnight Moo 2015
Staff and volunteers from Willen Hospice made a special trip to intu Milton Keynes with their mascot Flo the Cow to launch the opening of registration for MK Midnight Moo 2015.
MK Midnight Moo is a ladies only walk that takes place across ten miles of redways in Milton Keynes. The walk starts and finishes at intu Milton Keynes and is open to all ladies over 18 (with females 14-18 able to walk with another adult). Next year’s walk starts at Midnight on Saturday 4th July 2015 and online registration is now open for walkers to sign up to be a part of the event at www.mkmidnightmoo.com
Almost 1,000 ladies took part in MK Midnight Moo 2014 raising an incredible total in excess of £80,000 for Willen Hospice. Willen Hospice has annual running costs of £4.6 million with just 22% of these costs covered by the NHS. The remaining 78% comes from the generosity of the local community through donations and fundraising events such as MK Midnight Moo.
Sarah Sweet-Rowley, Events Manager at Willen Hospice, said “The MK Midnight Moo is one of the biggest and most exciting events in our calendar. Year after year it proves a hugely important means of raising vital funds, helping us continue to be able to offer first class specialist care to our patients and their families. The support given to the event by the ladies of Milton Keynes and beyond never ceases to amaze us and the sense of camaraderie and fun on the night is truly something special. We want this to be the biggest and best Moo yet so, whether you’ve done the walk before or have always fancied it but never taken part, we would love to see you at the starting line on the 4th July.”
Find out more and register here.