Terms and Conditions for the intu Gift Card competition
These are the terms and conditions for the intu Gift Card competition found on intu Milton Keynes’ Facebook channel.
The promoter of this competition is intu Milton Keynes (company number 8133358), 67 Midsummer Place, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3GB, whose registered office is at 40 Broadway, London SW1H 0BT, England (“we”, “us” or “our”).
To participate in the competition you must submit your competition entry via Facebook between Monday 9 March 2020 and Saturday 14 March 2020 (the “Competition Period”). Entries submitted outside of the Competition Period will not be valid.
If you wish to participate in the competition you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
4. The competition is only open to legal residents of the UK aged 18 or over. The competition excludes employees and contractors, agents and service providers of intu Milton Keynes, any member of the intu properties plc group, or any retailers at intu Milton Keynes, as well as any family members of such employees or contractors and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
5. Entry into the competition is restricted to one entry (see section 7 below) per individual person. No purchase or payment of any form is required for entry into the competition.
6. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms. Entry instructions can be found via the social media post.
7. To enter the competition, please follow the instructions in the social media post. Entries must be submitted by the specified closing date (see section 2 above). Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions in these Terms, provide the required information, successfully submit their entry, timely submit their entry, and/or abide by these Terms may be disqualified. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Any entrant that attempts to complete or submit fraudulent entries, and his/her entries, will be disqualified. You can only enter the competition once via social media unless otherwise stated in the social media post.
Prize(s) & Winning
8. The winner will receive a £50 intu Gift Card.
9. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) subject to section 20 below, in unavoidable circumstances vary the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) in exceptional circumstances amend these Terms, in which case we will notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
10. The prize winner(s) will be randomly drawn by an independent person selected by us in accordance with the laws of chance.
11. The prize winner(s) will also be notified by post within 5 days of the closing date of the competition.
12. The prize winner may be requested to take part in some promotional activity as part of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you agree to take part in such promotional activity, you will need to enter into an image release form which allows us to use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website.
13. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
14. The decision of intu Milton Keynes and/or any independent judge (as applicable) is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into on the matter.
15. Prizes are subject to availability. The prize(s) will be as stated in these terms. Each winner must collect their prize at intu Milton Keynes within 30 days of the closing date of the competition. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes, subject to section 9 above. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes cannot also be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
Your information & image
16. Information you provide to us on competition entry will be used to administer the competition and to contact you only for the purposes of the competition and will be deleted after 6 months from the conclusion of the competition, unless you have signed up to be contacted by intu Milton Keynes and its retailers for marketing purposes. We may need your date of birth to verify that you are entitled to enter this competition, but will not use it for any other purpose. If you have selected the option(s) to be contacted by intu Milton Keynes and its retailers for marketing purposes, we will only use your information to keep you updated with the latest centre events, retailer discounts and insider shopping tips from intu. We will not pass on your information to any third parties, and you can opt-out from direct marketing at any time.
17. We will keep your personal information secure and will process it in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation. intu shopping centres plc (registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z5170264) and other intu group companies are data controllers for the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law in respect of your data.
19. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website; violates the Terms; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made. We also reserve the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. Our failure to enforce any term of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond our control and award the prize from among all eligible online entries received prior to cancellation. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes. We are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry forms whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entry forms.
21. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
22. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, intu Milton Keynes, 67 Midsummer Place, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3GB.