Let's face it, shopping can be dull for little ones, here you can collect a fun buggy to keep them entertained!
Pushchairs can be hired from the Lower Mall customer service desk.
Parent & baby rooms
When a nappy needs changing, mummy needs a rest, or a toddler needs taming, our award-winning parent and baby rooms are on hand to give...
We have seating available for your children across our restaurants.
Safety at intu Merry Hill
The intu Merry Hill Safe Hands scheme is part of our family facilities, we offer a hotline number to assist parents and guardians in finding children who have been separated whilst out shopping. Please call 01384 487 978 to speak directly to our Customer Service team who will help you.
Tips for parents
- Teach your child to recite their name, address and telephone number.
- Get a free wristband from Customer Services
- Sew or write their surnames only in any clothing.
- Encourage young children to stay close and hold your hand or trolley.
- Make sure that children know that intu Merry Hill staff wear orange jackets and ties and also intu name badges - look for the little bird!
- If you have lost a child inside a store, enquire at the nearest till. If on the malls ask a member of intu Merry Hill staff or at Customer Services.
- Children remain your responsibility. Please DO NOT leave them unsupervised, especially when using lifts and escalators.
If you are little and lost
- STOP, stand still and LOOK around. DO NOT run around.
- If you see the person you came with, go straight back to them and hold their hand.
- If you cannot see the person you came with go straight to the till if you are in a shop.
- If you are out in the malls look for a member of intu Merry Hill staff who has an orange scarf or tie and name badge on.
Losing a child, even for a few moments, can be very distressing and so for peace of mind you can visit our Customer Service desks on the lower mall near Boots or Asda to collect a free wristband for your child. If your child gets lost our number is on the wristband so any found children can be reported to us straight away. If you have lost of found a child please talk directly to our friendly Security or Customer Services team.
These wristbands are bright, waterproof and tough, so as well as shopping they are ideal for other days out or journeys into busy towns and cities.
Child safe zones
intu Merry Hill is a family friendly and safe place to visit, shop and have fun. However, just in case you and your child are separated whilst shopping our intu Safe Hands scheme can help reassure and get help fast.
Wristbands can be picked up from the Customer Service Desk if you are shopping with children. They have our telephone number on for if someone finds a lost child. If you lose a child or need to report an incident you can talk directly to our Security and Customer Services Team.