You'll find Fun Buggies for hire outside M&S on Level 2. These are miniature cars which are great for keeping the kids smiling while you shop. To hire one, head to the Customer Service Lounge by M&S on Level 2, and one of the team will give you a key to collect your chosen Fun Buggy from the hire point.
You can even hire a life size Playmobil fire engine or police car!
A form of photographic ID is required, as well as a £20 cash deposit. Accepted forms of ID include:
- Debit or credit card
- Driving Licence
- Blue Badge
- Utility bill
Fun Buggies are £4 per hour of hire.
Please note there is a maximum height restriction of 1.05m.
- The equipment remains the property of intu at all times.
- There is no restriction on the length of hire; each hour (or part thereof) will be charged at a set hourly rate, payable on return of the equipment.
- The £20 deposit will be given back to the customer once the equipment has been returned and checked.
- 1 form of ID is required each time you hire the equipment. This can be a valid passport, UK photographic driving licence, a utility/phone/council tax bill (dated within the last 3 months), valid disability blue badge, current debit or credit card or a Fun Buggy licence (if applicable).
- Details of identification will be noted and will be checked to confirm the identity of the supervising adult. The identification will be returned to the customer and will not be held at the Customer Services Lounge.
- The child MUST be a minimum of 12 months old, be able to sit upright unaided and be under the stipulated maximum height for the equipment.
- The child using the equipment must be of a suitable size to fit within the equipment and be securely restrained whilst in it and wear shoes at all times.
- Only the child/children named on this form is/are permitted to travel in the equipment.
- The child/children may only be supervised by a responsible adult (aged 18+), not by another child, whilst using the equipment.
- The equipment: a. MUST be returned to the Customer Services Lounge 30 minutes before the desk closes on the day of hire, or as specifically instructed by a member of intu staff. b. MUST only be used in the confines of the intu shopping centre from where it has been hired and is not to be taken outside the shopping centre. c. MUST not be taken on escalators or stairs; lifts must be used to access the different levels of the shopping centre. d. MUST be operated properly, by a responsible adult, taking all due care and attention including maintaining a speed that is comparable to walking pace, avoiding contact with other objects or people and not overfilling the basket.e. MUST be kept in the possession of the hirer at all times and must not be leant or sublet to any other person or part with possession of it in any other way.
- The door (if applicable) of the equipment must be kept closed at all times, whilst the child is inside it.
- The child / children must not be placed into the basket of the equipment.
- Only one child is allowed in the equipment at any one time (unless it is designed for two children).
- For the purposes of hygiene, please report any accidental soiling spillages to a Guest Services team member immediately.
- Customers who leave their own pushchairs or other items (If applicable), do so at their own risk.
- The child / children must not be left unattended in the equipment at any time.
- If there is an evacuation of the shopping centre, the child / children must be removed from the equipment and the equipment left in a safe place.
Data Protection Policy