Gather your crew, round up the family and wrap up warm as we open the doors on our biggest skating season ever at the arena at intu Braehead. From 11 Nov we’ve got some fresh and frosty events and we can’t wait to see you all whizzing across the ice!
Want to make the most out of the festive season? Read our brilliant Christmas calendar here for tips on what to eat, do and buy every day of the week.
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the sound of freshly sharpened skates on ice. Public skating sessions are now running 7 days a week.
Why not perk up the start of your week and join us for Monday Madness, where you can skate to your heart’s content for just £3. This special offer is only valid on Mondays and must be booked online.
Our skate school rules! Join our professional coaches and learn how to master the ice. Coaching sessions cater for all levels, whether you want to be a figure skater, hockey player or just skate for fun.
Our discos are the coolest discos around (sorry!). Spin, slide and glide into the weekend with cool guest DJs every Friday in the run up to Christmas.
Every Wednesday, grab your little ducklings and join us for our special tiny tots afternoon skate.
1. Tie your skates correctly. Make sure your skates are not tied too tight or your feet will likely go numb, while having your skates too loose will not provide the proper support for your ankles.
2. Don’t look down! Once you’re out on the ice keep your head up and look in front of you so at least you can see who or what you are about to bump into!
3. Don’t lean backwards. Leaning back will likely send you flying on your backside. Our best advice is to keep your knees bent, hold your arms out in front of you and open them wide to help you stay balanced.
4. There’s no stopping you! One of the basics you’ll want to know is how to stop. First, bend your knees, turn the toes of each foot inwards, point your heels out, and push out on your heels. This will slow you down and bring you to a stop.
5. Don’t take it too seriously — When you fall down (and be sure you will!), don’t worry. Even the best skaters end up on their backs from time to time. It’s even funnier if you do it in style.
Find out more about Soar and leisure at intu Braehead here