Job Title: Customer Services Assistant
Department: Customer Services
Reporting to: Customer Services Team Leader
As the Customer Services Assistant within the Customer Services side of the business you will
ensure exemplary standards in communication to our customers, retailers and team members and
be an ambassador for World Class Service delivery within intu.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
• Courteous communication skills are required to liaise with members of the public and retailers.
• Demonstrate World Class customer service at all times.
• To log all complaints, compliments, incidents, lost property etc into the correct database as
quickly as possible.
• To assist with lost cars, children and families.
• To assist with Reception, Meeters’ & Greeters, mall guides and post when required to do so.
• To liaise with all other departments, as appropriate.
• Delivering world class customer service to all visitors and colleagues
• Having pride in the centre; and helping to maintain its high standards in all that you do
• Being able to interpret customers’ needs and deliver meaningful advice
• Providing a quality, efficient and friendly service
• Taking the initiative in assisting customers
• Making customer service suggestions for improvement
• Achieving customer service performance standards
• Ensuring a good knowledge of all facilities and processes in order to deal with customer’s
queries, complaints and compliments in line with company procedure
• Taking care of own and others health and safety
• Being observant at all times, and reporting any suspicious packages or persons immediately
• Maintaining a smart and well-groomed appearance meeting our uniform standards
• To proactively engage with customers throughout the shopping centre providing assistance,
direction and deliver exceptional standards of customer service
• To provide a presence on the Centre’s Customer Service Desk, assisting with queries from
shoppers, selling gift cards, deal with retailer queries and handle blue badge validations.
• Ensure that customer comments are recorded and ensure that customer feedback is passed
onto line management.
• Support Centre events and initiatives by advising customers of upcoming activity and events in
• Liaise with retailers as part of the Centre’s retailer liaison programme.
• Ensure that a positive image of the centre is displayed at all times.
• Meet gift card targets in line with company expectations.
• Correct processing of the gift card scheme maintaining files/records as required and ensuring
targets are met.
• Correct cashiering procedures to be followed at all times for both Receptions and car parks.
• Dealing with any customer/visitor enquiry in a professional, friendly way.
• Be “eyes and ears” of the mall ensuring that the centre is presented in the best possible way
and that any defects are reported and resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints in a professional way; ensuring information is then
passed on to the relevant person.
• Handling any queries with regards to “lost persons” or lost property.
• Process accident/incident reports as required in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support all marketing initiatives on site as required.
• Report any security incidents to Security Control.
• Undertaking any further duties as requested by the supervisory or management team
• Increasing your knowledge and skills through education and training
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrable background in Customer Service
• Sound level of education
• High level of integrity