Intu Retail Services Support Services are currently seeking a Cleaning Operative to work as part of the cleaning team.
As a Cleaning Operative within the Environmental Services department of the business you will work with other team members to clean the common areas safely and efficiently. You will be expected to operate cleaning machines (after training) and present a professional, friendly image at all times.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
• Use of scrubber/dryer, rotary scrubber, escalator cleaner, pressure washers, car park & vacuum cleaning machines, Schmidt machine, balers, compactors amongst others.
• To follow all of the departmental procedures and schedules correctly at all times.
• To ensure that all waste is dealt with appropriately, emptying and cleaning bins when necessary. (Bins can weigh up to 3 kilos)
• To comply with all of the Health and Safety procedures for the Department including COSHH – machinery check sheets PPE.
• Ensure the safe disposal of Clinical waste and sharps as per policy.
• To communicate and liaise with Team Leaders and colleagues to ensure a smooth running of the Department.
• To maintain all of the sanitary areas to the required standard, replenishing supplies as required.
• To report any maintenance defects relating to the building and its fixtures and fittings.
• Cleaning of all public accessible areas
• Sweeping, mopping and cleaning floors (both inside and outside)
• Cleaning public and staff toilets (both male and female)
• Emptying bins and removing rubbish
• Cleaning low level windows and glass
• Cleaning walls (including pillars) and signage (both internal and external)
• Cleaning stairs, stairwells, ramps, lifts and escalators
• Cleaning of staff rooms, facilities, offices, control room and kitchens and where appropriate external entrances, perimeters and walkways including gardening areas
• Cleaning car parks, service roads, corridors and back of house areas
• Cleaning barriers, vending machines, fixtures and fittings
• Waste; Sorting into appropriate containers, removing cardboard and other items for recycling
• Producing cardboard bales and transporting using a forklift if licensed, to allocated area
• Completing daily forms to support work carried out
• To attend meetings and training provided by Intu Retail Services on operation related subjects
• Compliance with all work related Health and Safety regulations at all times
• Any other reasonable task requested by a member of the supervisory/management team
• Be aware of your responsibilities and adhere to all company’s safety guidelines including wearing of all personal protective equipment.
• Undertake any further duties as requested by any member of the supervision / Management team
• Have pride in the centre; ensuring that you deliver consistently high standards of customer service at all times, thereby promoting a professional and welcoming atmosphere.
• Ensure good knowledge of all facilities and processes in order to deal with customer’s queries, complaints and compliments in line with company procedure.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent Customer Care Skills
• Good Communication Skills both verbal and written
• Flexible/supportive team player
• Confident/friendly distribution
• Attention to detail /vigilance
• Good literacy & numeracy skills
• Well presented appearance
Closing date for applicants: 6th May 2015.
To apply click here.