Job Title: Customer Services Assistant
Department: Customer Services
Reporting to: Customer Services Team Leader
As the Customer Services Assistant within the Customer Services side of the business you will ensure exemplary standards in communication to our customers, retailers and team members and be an ambassador for World Class Service delivery within intu.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
• Courteous communication skills are required to liaise with members of the public and retailers.
• Demonstrate World Class customer service at all times.
• To log all complaints, compliments, incidents, lost property etc into the correct database as quickly as possible.
• To liaise with all other departments, as appropriate.
• Having pride in the centre; and helping to maintain its high standards in all that you do
• Being able to interpret customers’ needs and deliver meaningful advice
• Providing a quality, efficient and friendly service
• Taking the initiative in assisting customers
• Making customer service suggestions for improvement
• Achieving customer service performance standards & targets
• Ensuring a good knowledge of all facilities and processes in order to deal with customer’s queries, complaints and compliments in line with company procedure
• Taking care of own and others health and safety
• Being observant at all times, and reporting any suspicious packages or persons immediately
• Maintaining a smart and well groomed appearance meeting our uniform standards
• To proactively engage with customers throughout the shopping centre providing assistance, direction and deliver exceptional standards of customer service
• To provide a presence on the Centre’s Customer Service Desk, assisting with queries from shoppers, selling gift cards, deal with retailer queries
• Ensure that customer comments are recorded and ensure that customer feedback is passed onto line management.
• Support Centre events and initiatives by advising customers of upcoming activity and events in the Centre.
• Liaise with retailers as part of the Centre’s retailer liaison programme.
• Ensure that a positive image of the centre is displayed at all times.
• Meet gift card targets in line with company expectations.
• Correct processing of the gift card scheme maintaining files/records as required and ensuring targets are met.
• Correct cashiering procedures to be followed at all times.
• Be “eyes and ears” of the mall ensuring that the centre is presented in the best possible way and that any defects are reported and resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Handle and resolve customer complaints in a professional way; ensuring information is then passed on to the relevant person.
• Handling any queries with regards to “lost persons” or lost property.
• Process accident/incident reports as required in a timely and accurate manner.
• Support all marketing initiatives on site as required.
• Report any security incidents to Security Control.
• Undertaking any further duties as requested by the supervisory or management team
• Increasing your knowledge and skills through education and training
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrable background in Customer Service
• Sound level of education
• High level of integrity
• Cash Handling experience
• Strong organisational skills – ability to multi task and prioritise workload
• Understanding of social media platforms to answer customer queries
• Results and achievement orientated to high standards
• Excellent customer interpersonal skills with a confident and friendly disposition
• Ability to work to own initiative and actively solve problems when presented.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Reliable and flexible/supportive team player
• Attention to detail/vigilance
Closing date: 11 February 2016
Apply online (You will need to search for intu Derby vacancies)