In association with the Derby Telegraph, we are searching for the real star of Derbyshire to turn on the intu Derby Christmas lights this year.
Do you know an unsung hero? Maybe a volunteer, a fundraiser, an inspirational member of the community, or someone who always goes above and beyond the call of duty. Perhaps they’ve been the backbone of a local sports club or youth group for years. Now is their chance to shine and get the recognition they deserve.
To nominate your local hero, please email email@example.com with the subject title: ‘Local Hero Nomination’ and include the following information;
- Name of person nominating
- Name of person being nominated
- Organisation of nominee (if applicable)
- Email address and contact number
- And in no more than 200 words state why your nominee deserves to switch on the intu Derby Christmas lights and be crowned our local hero.
Nominations need to be sent in by noon on Monday 3rd November 2014 with the winner announced on Friday 7th November 2014.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges from intu Derby and Derbyshire Evening Telegraph.
Not only will they be the star of the Christmas lights switch on at intu Derby at 4pm on Saturday 15th November, they’ll also get an exclusive VIP experience earlier that day worth up to £1000!!
Terms and conditions
1. To qualify for the competition, the person being nominated must live in Derbyshire
2. There is no cash alternative to the prize being offered and it is not transferrable
3. The winner must be available on the 15th November to attend the intu Derby light switch on event and VIP experience
4. The VIP experience will take place within intu Derby on Saturday 15th November. Details are to be agreed with intu Derby in advance and to a maximum of £1000
5. Entry to the competition is via the outlined process only. No other correspondence will be entered in to
6. No responsibility or liability will be accepted for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid
7. Incomplete or offensive entries will be removed from the competition
8. The judges’ decision is final
9. Winners will be notified by email on Friday 7th November 2014
10. The winner will be selected by a panel made up of representatives from intu Derby and The Derby Telegraph
11. By accepting the prize the winner agrees that their image and name can be used in future marketing and communications by intu Derby and/or the Derby Telegraph
12. Employees of intu Derby, the Derby Telegraph, their agents or their families may not enter the competition