Deichmann is extremely proud to announce its latest new store opening, located in a prime position in Chapelfield Shopping Centre, our brand new Store creates a range of exciting new career opportunities for the people of Norwich and the surrounding area.
As a Supervisor, you will demonstrate a strong work ethic and genuine passion for excellent customer service. You will be a ‘hands-on’ leader, target driven, fully competent at supporting your Store Manager to build and inspire your team to be the best it can be. In return, you will be offered a competitive hourly rate of up to £9.92 per hour + non contractual performance related bonus.
Our ideal candidate, will already have some previous supervisory experience gained in retail or in a closely related sector and to be suitable for this exciting opportunity, you must also be willing and able to travel for training. Travelling expenses during training are fully covered and this takes place away from Norwich at one of our specialist training sites.
As Supervisor, some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and supervise the store team as delegated, or in the absence of the Store Manager
- Open & close the store, including cashing up and completion of associated administrative duties
- Offer excellent levels of customer service, maintaining an expert level of knowledge across the full product range
- Lead by example, successfully promoting and recommending complimentary shoe care products
- Ad hoc training, mentoring and support to team members
- Ensure first class levels of customer service and supporting achievement of all company standards
- Ensure that the store is correctly merchandised and product displays are refreshed and inviting to the customer
- Efficiently process stock deliveries and store transfers
- Deal with customer queries and complaints
- Communicate and implement the store’s stock loss reduction strategies
In terms of the personal qualities and traits you offer:
- Retail background / transferable skills gained in a related industry sector
- Hands on leadership experience
- Self-Starter Positive, can do attitude towards completion of work
- Confidence and ability to supervise, motivate, coach and work with a team
- Well organised and have a structured approach to work
- Customer orientated Spatial awareness
- Excellent communicator
- Attention to detail
- Able to work at pace and perform well under pressure
- Fully flexible (Monday – Sunday, hours to be agreed by rota) including evenings and bank holidays
We welcome applicants from the Retail sector and from related sectors with the right transferable skills. If you would like to join the team at Deichmann UK as our Supervisor and you meet the job requirements, please go to https://www.deichmann.com/engage/jobexchange/searchJobOffersQuick.do?j=UK_myjobexchange . We’d love to hear from you.