YO! Sushi is looking for two Kitchen Team Members. Available positions are full and part time.
Responsible to the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager(s) for the provision of YO! Sushi menu items to brand standard and recipe specifications.
Using your personality you will enhance the customers experience tailoring your service to meet individual customer needs.
Adhering to YO! Sushi’s standards /company policy and procedure in relation to food safety and hygiene. Specifically responsible for maintaining YO! Sushi’s standards of operation in the areas of:
1. Food Quality
a. Ensure all food is prepared to brand specification in presentation and recipe;
b. Ensure all production sheets are followed and adhered to
c. Initiate periodic quality checks for all products, i.e., temperature and time checks using the materials provided;
d. Maintain proper rotation of food to ensure quality and freshness;
e. Maintain correct storage of all food items
f. Maintain acceptable food preparation times;
g. Maintain acceptable conveyor belt plate mix and times;
h. Ensure all stations are properly stocked and set up;
2. Customer Service Our kitchens are open and we expect you as part of the team to be able to serve our customers from inside the open kitchen
a. Know your customer: Understanding the type of customer and serve them accordingly
b. Provide a friendly greeting to customers and explain our type of service
c. Ensure customers receive prompt, polite friendly and personalised service
d. Listen and respond to customers’ needs
e. Report any issues directly to a member of Management
f. Take special orders and requests and ensure they are followed through and delivered quickly
g. Check on the quality of all food
h. Explain ORC to YO! Sushi Customers and how this works
3. Cleanliness and Maintenance
a. Perform all assigned opening/running/closing duties during each shift
b. Efficiently clear excess debris and excess water from work stations maintaining a clean and safe environment at all times
c. Study safety and sanitation as outlined in your training manual and equipment operating manuals
d. Report all accidents immediately to a manager, no matter how small they may seem
e. Ensure rubbish bins are routinely emptied and cleaned
f. Be careful not to accidentally throw away cutlery or utensils
g. Ensure careful handling of all plate and glass ware so as to avoid breakage
a. Customers relate to YO! Sushi through every employee. Using your outgoing character you will help create a fun & funky atmosphere. You are expected to interact with customers on a regular basis.
b. The flow of the restaurant is dependent on your speed. If the belt becomes empty, so does the whole restaurant.
5. Equipment Use
a. Turn on and adjust to proper levels, all special machinery
b. Ensure proper use and cleanliness of all equipment following all company guidelines
c. Inform management of any missing or damaged equipment
d. Follow all company policy and procedure in relation to knife handling
e. Ensure the proper use of all chemicals in relation to cleanliness standards in accordance with company guidelines
6. Knowledge of and Adherence to all Policies and Procedures:
a. Never leave YO! Sushi premises without permission from a manager
b. Act as a role model to fellow workers by displaying a high level of professionalism and integrity
c. Act as role model for the managers and staff.
d. Follow all company guidelines found in Life at YO! and Benefits of YO! and any other training material
7. The Head Chef and Restaurant Managers May Assign Duties Not Specified in This Job Description in relation to any relevant current business needs.
1. Proven experience in the catering/hospitality industry
2. Ability to perform duties which require standing and exerting fast pace mobility in a confined area for periods up to eight (8) hours or longer if needed.
3. Ability to perform duties which require bending, kneeling, stooping and reaching
4. Preference of Basic Knife skills
5. Ability to perform duties which require speed, efficiency and organisational skills
6. Positive Attitude and a great deal of energy
7. Ability to work in conditions exceeding standard room temperature for periods up to eight (8) hours or longer if needed.
8. Ability to perform duties which require the manipulation and transfer of items (i.e., boxes, cases of product, equipment, bins, weighing up to 35 kilos)
Please note that employment is subject to receiving satisfactory references ( this may also include reference checks for Airside passes).
To apply, please pop into the restaurant with your most up to date CV. Restaurant is located on Chapelfield Plain. Closing date for applicants is 01/07/16.