We are offering aspiring fashion writers the chance to make their journalistic dreams a reality with the opportunity to win a once in a lifetime trip to one of the most stylish cities in the world – New York. We’ll fly you to New York City and put you up in a hotel for four nights. You’ll meet with Gregory DelliCarpini leading NYC fashion writer and have time to soak up the style hotspots of the city that never sleeps.
When you return to Norwich you’ll have the opportunity to spend time with the intu Chapelfield marketing team on a fashion shoot and with the editor of The Norwich Resident magazine on a fashion assignment. Based on your trip, you’ll write three articles which will be published in three of Norfolk’s most influential publications: Norwich Resident, Eastern Daily Press and the intu Chapelfield magazine.
We’d like you to write two 500 word articles or blog posts. The first article must be entitled ‘Let your true colours shine’ – the phrase which has inspired intu Chapelfield's Spring/Summer fashion campaign and our fashion shows, which are taking place during Norwich Fashion Week. The second piece should focus on any element of Norwich Fashion Week: whether that’s a review of a catwalk show, a trend prediction report or a first person piece on your experience of the event. We’re looking for articles that are engaging, inspiring and full of your personality. Remember that your writing must encourage people from around the UK to come and shop in Norwich.
Submit your two written pieces of work to email@example.com by Friday March 27, 2015, making sure that you include your name, address, phone number and age (you must be 18 or over).
Your articles will be judged by Sheridan Smith, intu Chapelfield Marketing Manager, Emma Harrowing, Editor Norwich Resident and Pippa Lain-Smith, MD Plain Speaking PR.
Win a trip to New York competition terms and conditions
1. If you wish to participate in the competition you must agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
2. The competition is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees and contractors, agents and service providers of Intu Properties plc, intu Chapelfield or anyone professionally associated with this competition.
3. Only one entry per person. No purchase required.
4. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms. The entry instructions can be found on the relevant page of https://intu.co.uk/chapelfield or are available at the intu Chapelfield Customer Information Desk.
5. To enter the competition, please submit your two written pieces of work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 27, 2015, making sure that you include your name, address, phone number and age.
6. The prize winner will be the person judged by the judging panel to have written the best entry, judges are Sheridan Smith, intu Chapelfield Marketing Manager, Emma Harrowing, Editor Norwich Resident and Pippa Lain-Smith, MD Plain Speaking PR.
7. The prize winner will be notified by telephone and email or post within 5 days of the closing date of the competition.
8. The prize winner’s surname and county will be made available on the competition page at https://intu.co.uk/chapelfield
9. The prize winner will be required to take part promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize e.g. write up of New York Trip, involvement in fashion activities with intu Chapelfield and Norwich Resident and publicity photos. The Prize Winners competition entry will be published in full or in part in a variety of media including publications and social media associated with intu Chapelfield and Archant. If you are required to take part in such promotional activity, you agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Facebook and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use of any of the above by us of your written work or image or footage in which you appear.
10. The decision of intu Chapelfield is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prize is subject to availability. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prize. The prize is non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. The prize is: Return flight London to New York for one person. Hotel accommodation in New York for 4 nights. Entrants must have a current UK passport valid for US travel for duration of stay. They must be available to fly to New York for a four day trip between 20 April and 14 June. Winner must arrange own ESTA documentation and travel insurance. Winner must cover cost of airport transfers to and from UK and US airports
13.The competition is only open to amateur fashion writers (those who do not generate their main income from writing, blogging or journalism). The winner must produce three 500 word articles by 22 June 2015, about their trip to New York, to a brief provided by the organisers.
14. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to contact you for the purposes of the competition. We may need your date of birth to verify that you are entitled to enter this competition, but will not use it for any other purpose. If you have selected the options to be contacted by intu Chapelfield and its’ retailers for marketing purposes, we will only use your information for those purposes. We will not pass on your information to any third parties.
16. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) in exceptional circumstances, vary, amend or cancel this competition at any time on reasonable notice, including varying the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) amend these Terms, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
17. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes.
18. The promoter of this competition is Chapelfield Property Management Limited, 40-46 St Stephens Street, Norwich, NR1 3SH, a company registered in England, 5503286. (“we”, “us” or “our”).
19. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, intu Chapelfield Management Offices, 40-46 St Stephens Street, Norwich, NR1 3SH.
20. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.