- Applications for this job are now closed.
- Expired: 24 Aug, 2017
Job Description: Retailer Liaison Manager (6 month FTC)
We're searching for a Retailer Liaison to join our team at intu Broadmarsh for a six month fixed term contract. You will be joining our team at an exciting time, as we progress with our redevelopment works in the centre. Your key responsibility is to be a strong source of redevelopment communications between centre management, our retail partners and stakeholders including Nottingham City Council and contractors. You will also work with our retailers and partners to devise and implement initiatives and events to retain footfall for the centre during the redevelopment works.
- Work with the intu development team to deliver agreed redevelopment related communications to retail partners at intu Broadmarsh.
- To be the daily contact for all retail partners, assisting with their redevelopment queries and feeding back accordingly.
- To identify, plan and deliver centre based initiatives and events to retain footfall and continue to generate interest for regular customers. Gain support from retail partners to help drive their sales.
- Support to deliver and collate retailer data including the production of trend analysis reports from trading data (sales and footfall).
- Deliver feedback to the redevelopment team and management meetings as required regarding retailer updates and any issues arising.
- Lead the centres retailer forum meetings bi-monthly, increase attendance and participation and support to reassure and answer queries relating to the intu Broadmarsh redevelopment.
- Work closely with the Guest Services Team to create and implement retailer tool box talks and training, specifically relating to the output of the redevelopment.
- To work with external organisations and stakeholders to ensure a consistent message in conjunction with the intu Broadmarsh redevelopment communications framework. Nottingham City Council are a key stakeholder as a freeholder of intu Broadmarsh.
- To work alongside the centres wider operational teams, including security and technical services, to address any specific development related feedback from retailers.
- To liaise with department managers to ensure retailer compliance is achieved at all times.
- Assist the marketing team in the participation of redevelopment based hoardings, promotional literature and campaign led events.
- Manage the way finding signage on the customer journey to ensure it is reflective of the centre infrastructure changes and giving guests clear and direct information.
If you have a project management background and are interested in taking on a new challenge, apply via the link below by Thursday 24 August.