Strong and experienced Supervisor required for the Menkind store at intu Braehead. Previous experience for a similar company preferred.
Job Title: Supervisor
Location: intu Braehead
Contracted Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week
Line Manager: Branch Manager
Who is Menkind? They are a niche multi-channel gift and gadget retailer operating in a highly competitive environment. They have a number of retail stores and operate two web sites as well as trading through third party market places. The company featured in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 group of the fastest growing private companies for two years running. You will be required to work as a valued team member, assisting the Branch Manager in running the store and maximising profit. www.menkind.co.uk
The following section details the main responsibilities for this position. However, this is not a definitive list and a flexible approach to work duties is expected from all members of our team.
• To provide excellent customer service
• To help maximise sales through effective promotional and sales floor management.
• To help minimise stock shrinkage through effective stock and security management.
• To help ensure that the team members are providing a courteous and efficient service to customers, treating each customer in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• To take responsibility for opening and closing the store as necessary.
• To share responsibility for the security of the premises in accordance with Company policy.
• To help ensure that all layout instructions are implemented in accordance with Company instructions.
• To ensure that all stock receipts are dealt with promptly upon receipt of delivery and in accordance with Company policy.
Standards of Job Performance
Performance will be monitored against the following criteria: Branch profitability achieved against target. Stock shrinkage incurred against target.
• Adherence to company and store operating standards and procedures.
• The delivery of excellent standards of customer service by the branch, at all times.
• Accuracy in completing Company and branch documentation.
• Maintenance of high standards of store cleanliness, including personal hygiene and appearance.
• Punctuality, reliability and maintenance of a good attendance record.
We are looking for individuals who will compliment our anchor values of providing customers with inspiration, convenience, quality, value and respect in an enjoyable and lively environment. Previous retail experience is preferred, although the ability to comfortably deal with all members of the public and a good command of the English language is essential. The successful candidate will be:
• Responsible and respectful.
• Hands on, committed and enthusiastic.
• Professional and approachable.
• Self confident and self motivated.
• An excellent man-manager.
• An excellent communicator and service provider.
• Preferably lives close by or drives due to the Christmas late night trading hours.
Training and Benefits
Full training will be provided with potential to progress within the company. Company top will be provided. Staff discount up to 30% Bonus dependant on store performance
Visit our website www.menkind.co.uk to find out more!
Job Type: Full-time
• Supervisor: 1 year
Please e-mail Cvs to Braeheadmanager@menkindstores.co.uk or hand in CV and cover letter FAO store manager