The Security Officer is accountable to the Security Manager for the support and delivery of security within the site.
The Security Officer will ensure exemplary standards of security and customer service are provided to the client and visitors to the site at all times. The Security Officer is the public face of the security team and should act with professionalism at all times, a can do attitude is essential in this highly influential role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be part of a team in a rosta pattern.
• To readily interact with all visitors / tenants within the buildings, delivering a first class customer focused service.
• Carry out regular patrols of the various buildings detailed in the site Assignment Instructions being proactive at all times.
• Ensure compliance with all internal procedures, site processes and external bodies including enforcement agencies and auditory bodies
• Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events
• Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
• To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform requirements.
• Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors to the buildings proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
• To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors / tenants.
• Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
• Liaising with the Security Manager proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully briefed and supported at all times.
• To deal efficiently and effectively with emergencies including fire and bomb scares ensuring the onsite team and client are kept fully informed at all times.
• Intelligent understanding of human behavior, monitoring and surveillance of suspect individuals logging and reporting incidents in line with site / company polices.
• Maintain vigilance and highlight / manage unauthorised access by banned persons.
• Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.