intu Retail Services are currently seeking a CDC Operator to oversee the day to day running of the Control Room operation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purpose of the job:
• To work as part of the Control Room Team and undertake day to day monitoring and delivery of security services within the control room, supporting the security operation at the centre.
• To understand client requirements and provide security solutions to meet and exceed needs.
• To ensure excellent relationships with our client, suppliers, colleagues and customers.
• To ensure compliance with all statutory and relevant company and client policies.
• To ensure the Security DOB is updated in line with company policies and procedures.
• To ensure all security issues are reported in line with company and client procedures.
• To work in a proactive way to anticipate security issues and alert the Mall Security team in a prompt and professional manner.
• Work closely and support the Mall Team as required.
• Monitoring and management of appearance, behaviours of all Security personnel
• All incidents are reported in compliance with customer and company policy and procedures.
• Assist the Security Management Team in developing and sharing of “best practice” and use of systems and tools to improve service effectiveness.
• Monitor faults with security related equipment, ensuring they are reported correctly.
• Being fully conversant with operational functions including Access Control, CCTV, Detection and Alarm Systems, ensuring effective monitoring and reporting function is maintained.
• Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are followed as per company policies and procedures which will include accident reporting / investigation.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
• To be the first point of contact for security function related queries resolving more complex queries utilising experience and knowledge referring any complaints with regards to security practices, to the Security Management Team or Centre Management
• Assist the Security Manager and Centre Management with any reasonable or practical request
• To ensure all members of the Security Team fully understand and comply with, all aspects of the company Policy, relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including any changes to policies or procedures and can demonstrate appropriate levels of control.
• Access control of the centre’s service yards monitoring all deliveries.
• To be the first response for all centre enquiries and emergencies reporting to the security manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Sound level of education
• High level of integrity
• 5 year checkable employment record
• SIA licenced – CCTV and Door Supervisor
• Qualification in First Aid at Work and AED (or willing to work towards)
• Experience in control room CCTV monitoring
• Qualifications in Security Industry
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Reliable and flexible/supportive team player
• Good customer interpersonal care skills
• Confident/friendly disposition
• Attention to detail/vigilance
• An understanding of organisational methods and how to make best use of limited time to the greatest effect
• Well developed interpersonal and influencing skills able to negotiate and deal with sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion
• Basic computer skills and an ability to self-teach and learn how to use new software and databases
• Adaptable & responsive in the face of changes in priorities, plans & schedules
• Ensuring understanding and demonstrable implementation of the Values of Integrity; Vigilance and Helpfulness
• Active steps to maintain communication, recognise achievement and develop the Team Community